Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Adding the Window

Its been a glorious mild day today, ideal for gardening so minis took a bit of a back burner, got to make hay whilst the sun shines.

To make the lattice window, I used silver stiffened type ribbon on sale at Christmas time from my stash and painted it with black acrylic paint. I suppose any netting would work if it was stiffened first to keep its shape.

Using black card (the type used for card making) I folded it in half and cut out the pattern to go through both sides.
I then glued the lattice ribbon between the card and left to dry.




Once the window is dry can cut the surround to be the same  arch shape ... don't trim too close the edges are about right need some space for gluing to outside of pumpkin.

The final picture shows the window from the inside of the pumpkin, tomorrow would like to try and add some edging to the outside to give it gothic look.

The only thing I regret is not adding a thin sheet of acetate, the really thin one as this has to be bent to fit the pumpkin shape and if too stiff would cause problems. Well I least I know for next time. 




Its amazing how the lights in the workroom have made the "custard cream" colour look so pumpkin like.


Now off to dream of the next stage and the overhead lighting.

1 comment:

  1. wow! the lattice idea is so brilliant! I may have to use it some day!

    ReplyDelete