Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Ivy leaves and batteries

Well I knew there would be a lot of leaves for the first part of the ivy ......... but over 350 and each one individually punched in dark green and then coloured to give different tones.

The two lights are in the pumpkin and the wires are hidden behind masking tape painted to match pumpkin and then the ivy covers the bumps and lumps.

The switch, wires and battery (just seen at the bottom of the picture are all in place and yeah they work.
 Once the outshed is in place the switch and battery are hidden away.

I think I may use other lights but will put these on cell batteries and make them part of the furniture inside if need.

The bottom picture shows an upclose picture of some of the ivy with the colours showing in more detail.



I also got the swaps posted so achieve much over the weekend.

Now need to think about the other plants and some other minis, this may take some time as still have ivy to do.

Mini hugs.


2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I made a huge amount of individually colored, punched and veined autumn leaves and will eventually be making an ivy vine. It looks wonderful...your hard work paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta el trabajo que estas haciendo con esa calabaza, volvere para ver los avances.
    Halloween es mi fecha preferida y las calabazas me encantan.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete