Friday, 11 November 2011

Swaps and items for convention

At last I can show some of the pieces I've been working on over the past few months, proving not  been lazy.

First the Make for the Gsolfot group, we were tasked with doing a pot-bellied stove in 1-12 scale and then to personalise it for the person we were sending to. There was some fantastic ones made and a click on the badge on the right will link you to the website where so many talented people put their minds to creating some wonderfully funny, great and whimiscal pot bellied stoves...... certainly not the usual run of the mill stove. The lady I was making the stove for had the word crow in her name, and she is the watcher of the towers, what better place to do that than the crows nest and an idea was born. Air dry clay, paint and bits and bobs from the usual stash that miniaturist have and the stove was born. The door opens and a pair of eyes shine out looking at you and a flickering red LED simulates the burning coals of the fire.

It has also been the time to make items for the Quarter Connection online convention and I sent a lovely spooky Halloween tree as my table gift for one of the members, who like me was basing the "Holiday at Home" theme on the spooky time of the 31st October.
It was an idea that came as dropping off to the land of nod, and luckily for me remembered in the morning and I loved the tree so much I made one for me too (the picture shown is of the second one made). The tree is made from Fimo, there is no deadwood or carving done, just a lot of time and patience and it was great fun to do and I loved every minute of it. The tree is lit with a LED and shows the friendly or not so friendly inhabitants of the tree, with its orange glow it looks much better in real life.

Mini hugs and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment