Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Brambly Hedge Update

As per usual running out of steam, the tutorial for the Brambly Hedge was launched and seems to have been enjoyed, will be lovely to see those that complete and put their own stamp on the mouse house and would be even better to see pictures.

I managed to find time to give poor Hamish his blower up of bagpipes and his little kilt pin albeit at this tiny size a piece of wire, but this is the best photo I could get. Each time I do this tiny scale I am so glad that digital cameras were invented, I take 100s of photos and hope that one or two will develop well and yes both on auto and macro but sometimes in the case of Hamish so excited to be able to make a noise I think he kept dancing or jiggling or whatever kilted wee Scotish people do.

Hopefully over the coming weeks will finish my houses and install the furniture and accessories, did cop out of doing a rocking chair for the time being may even buy one in kit form, can you tell a small amount of frustration here LOL.

The tutorial was in three parts for the house, landscaping and a few for furnishing and accessories, most were tips in the latter, but to keep that micro eye in the final piece was a basket of seeds, only 3/16" tall and including the handle it was filled with poppy seeds, mustard seeds and onion seeds but could just as well used no-hole beads, the red and black would have looked like fruit I think in this tiny scale.

Off now to complete another couple of tasks and then back to me time minis. Looking forward to next Sunday and a local show, small but helps with the fix to mix with other mini people in RL, their enthusiasm is always a boost.

By the way is there a energy booster I can plug into anywhere I need a top up please.

Take care and may all be well in your world.

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, is he ever cute!!! :D I would be cross eyed working in that tiny tiny scale. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Hamish is adorable! I love anything Scottish, and I've always loved miniatures. This is really fantastic, and the best of both worlds. You are very talented!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete