Saturday, 8 December 2012

Autumn's Challenge

I've spent the last month working on a challenge in one of my Yahoo groups Small and Smaller Adventures run by Pam Junk, lovely and whimsical and based on the Portland Centrepieces. Susie spent many hours with photos and updates to show us the tutorials and finished pieces so thanking her for the wonderful job, I couldn't resist having a go, although saying that it has put me behind on my Mini Allsorts group project tutorials so will be a busy month catching up. Below are some of the images of my challenge and loved every minute of it.

Seen from the back with all the goodies for harvest and the moonshiner upstairs in the barn.

The front has pine cone steps and lots of pumpkins for the pumpkin carving contest (would have loved to have dones some more interesting ones when I thought about it afterwards).

All the leaves were punched out and individually glued into place, it is quite therapeutic if you are not in a hurry to complete something and of course leaves can be punched whilst watching something on TV.

These little people are so much fun to do, but I definately need more practice but pleased with first attempts, the young man is off for another slide down the haystack, but I think he should have been helping in the farm shop somehow.


There is some serenading going on here whilst waiting for the 'hay ride to return.

Upstairs the old moonshiner is working with his still and sampling his goods as he holds onto his flagon of booze, at the top of the picture is a few apples waiting to go into the apple press for the fresh batch of cider.

Now where is the lad, just when you need him to help with lifting some of these pumpkins. In the background are goods for sale, freshly baked bread and pumpkin pie with fresh veggies and jams.

Some of the tiny pieces added to the barn, I did laugh when I saw that the bead I'd used for the still looked more like a hand grenade. Except for about 4 pieces such as trash can and milk urns everything has been made from scratch and is truly fun to do.

Tomorrow I go back to my corners with mice to get the winter one done for Mini Allsorts and will post pictures of progress. So until next time take care and enjoy your minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment